Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Rolando Lopes Isidoro <rl...@uninova.pt> on 2005/05/09 15:47:17 UTC

BXE fail to load on Firefox

I’ve just installed Lenya 1.2.3, as I was trying to use BXE to edit a
document the following error appeared:

Type 'xhtml-iso-8859-1' is not defined for 'serialize' at
file:/C:/Apache/Tomcat/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/gris/usecase-bxeng.xmap:116:49

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to load sitemap from
file:/C:/Apache/Tomcat/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/gris/usecase-bxeng.xmap:
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Type
'xhtml-iso-8859-1' is not defined for 'serialize' at
file:/C:/Apache/Tomcat/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/gris/usecase-bxeng.xmap:116:49

My publication was originally created in Lenya 1.2 and I had upgraded to
version 1.2.2 with success. I’m using Firefox 1.0.3 and read the “BXE and
Kupu fail in Firefox 1.0.3” submission, which doesn’t seem to be the case
since Kupu works correctly and BXE throws the same error under Firefox
1.0.2.

Can anyone help me regarding this problem? Thanks in advance,
Rolando

Re: BXE fail to load on Firefox

Posted by Rolando Isidoro <rl...@uninova.pt>.
I've installed Firefox 1.0.4 in the meantime, but the blank page problem
I've reported before is still there. It only happens when trying to edit
a document from a publication I've created back in Lenya 1.2 and I've
been upgrading ever since.

> blank page when you open bxe?
>
> if so, try changing the lenya.step to config and xml and look for errors

I've edited usecase-bxeng.xmap and changed lenya.step=xml (1) to
lenya.step=config which I assume is what you meant in your mail but
nothing new happened. There are some more occurrences of lenya.step
throughout the file, this seemed to be the correct one to change, but if
I'm wrong I'd appreciate you'd correct me:

      <map:match pattern="**/*.html">
        <!-- configuration -->
        <map:match type="step" pattern="config">
          <map:generate src="../../resources/misc/bxeng/inc/config.xml"/>
          <map:transform src="../../xslt/bxeng/config-xml.xsl">
            <map:parameter name="BX_xmlfile"
value="{request:requestURI}?lenya.usecase=bxeng&amp;lenya.step=xml (1) "/>
            <map:parameter name="defaultlanguage"
value="{page-envelope:default-language}"/>

This seems to be some kind of issue that happens in publications from
previous versions of Lenya when brought to the new version; I've
reported some more in a previous mail "Some minor issues..." but still
got no answer. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks once again,

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rolando Isidoro <rl...@uninova.pt>.

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rolando Isidoro <rl...@uninova.pt>.
Hi, I've followed your tip:

> do a search & replace; replace xhtml-iso-8859-1 with xhtml in all xmap
> files

and got the following new error:

" Type 'text-utf-8' is not defined for 'serialize' at
file:/C:/Apache/Tomcat/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/gris/usecase-bxeng.xmap:195:43

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to load sitemap from
file:/C:/Apache/Tomcat/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/gris/usecase-bxeng.xmap:
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Type
'text-utf-8' is not defined for 'serialize' at
file:/C:/Apache/Tomcat/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/gris/usecase-bxeng.xmap:195:43"

what shall I do now?

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.