Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by "Husek, Paul" <Pa...@pfizer.com> on 2004/12/23 18:01:24 UTC

connection leak

Hello,

I'm using torque 3.1 and am experiencing what I believe to be a connection
leak.  The symptoms are that eventually the application just stops
responding and seems to be stuck where it would normally be fetching a db
connection.    This is probably due to the fact that I occasionally need to
construct my own queries and do a Torque.getConnection, and due to errors
may not be able to release the connection.

I've seen mention of abandoned connection management via DBCP, but I could
never get it working.  I just upgraded to dbcp 1.2, and I still can't get it
working.  Does anyone have a Torque.properties that properly handles
abandoned connections (and has been verified)?

Re: connection leak

Posted by Guy Galil <gu...@guardium.com>.
When you take a Torque connection explicitly you must close it.
If you put the call to Torque.closeConnection(con) in a finally{...}
clause then it will be called even when an error occurs