Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Fabrizio Fortino <fo...@adobe.com.INVALID> on 2020/02/05 14:40:03 UTC

Deprecating Lucene custom scorer

Hi All,

With the aim to remove direct dependencies to the Lucene API, I have started deprecating the custom scorer (https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-oak/pull/177). These interfaces don't seem to be actively used. The goal is to remove them in version 1.28.
In case we need an hook like this in the future, we have to design some generic interface that could be handled by the supported index types (lucene, solr, elastic).

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Cheers,
Fabrizio