Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Дмитрий Калашников <ka...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/11 07:49:11 UTC

Synchronize size of batches for Opaque Kafka spouts

Is it possible to synchronize size of emitted batches for several Kafka
spouts? After googling, I found that the size is controlled by
kafkaConfig.bufferSizeBytes and kafkaConfig.fetchSizeBytes. Seems that
setting up the same values for these parameters among spouts is the key to
make the sizes equal, right?  However from the code I didn't catch if it
variates or not depending on an intensity of spout's input stream.