Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by rott <ro...@buckeye-express.com> on 2002/06/05 06:20:51 UTC

passwording a file

hello i am trying to password protect a single file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\cgi-bin\singup.cgi on a win2k box with apache 1.24 i all ready have a Directory locked down in my root but would also like to have this one file locked and cant seem to find info on it in the doc's also is there away to stop ppl from book marking the file after the get in so they cant by-pass the login

                                         Dale
                                    Toledo Ohio

Re: passwording a file

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
rott wrote:
> i have read the web page for <files> several times and have tried to use
> <Directory "C:\Program File\Apache Group\Apache\cgi-bin">

As I said, you need to use forward slashes for everything in the apache
configuration.

Joshua.

Re: passwording a file

Posted by rott <ro...@buckeye-express.com>.
i got it to work i had to get ready of all the Directory brackets and just
use <Files....<Files/ no it all works fine :)

Re: passwording a file

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, rott wrote:

> i have been working on trying to password protect the file
> /cgi-bin/signup.cgi most of the morning i have searched for the <File>
> Directory but must be missing some thing on how it is set up i still cant
> get it to work

It is a directive, not a directory.  And I gave you an exact example in my
last message.  For more info see:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#files

If you need more help, please make your best effort at the correct
configuration, show it to us, and tell us exactly what happens when you
try to use it, including relevant excerpts from the access and error logs.

Joshua.

Re: passwording a file

Re: passwording a file

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:
> <Directory "C:\Program File\Apache Group\Apache\cgi-bin">

Of course, those should all be forward slashes.

Joshua.

Re: passwording a file

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.