Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com> on 2014/04/09 21:50:55 UTC

[DISCUSS] Community Code of Conduct

Now that we have bylaws, I'd like us to come up with a community code of
conduct and then incorporate it by reference.

I expect this will take some time and I will happily draft a proposal so
that we have a something specific.

I'd like to ask everyone (esp non-PMC members) to take the time to read
this guide from the Ada Initiative and proactively bring up any questions
or concerns they have.

https://adainitiative.org/2014/02/howto-design-a-code-of-conduct-for-your-community/

Also, note that the ASF itself has a draft Code of Conduct. While useful as
a starting point, it is still draft and I'd rather we take a stronger
stance.

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/CodeOfConduct

http://community.apache.org/newbiefaq.html#NewbieFAQ-IsthereaCodeofConductforApacheprojects
?

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/community.html

--
Sean

Re: [DISCUSS] Community Code of Conduct

Posted by Donald Miner <dm...@clearedgeit.com>.
We are planning on putting up the oreilly code of conduct on accumulo summit. My web dev hasn't been available to put it up. Should be able to do it soon.

Posted by Bill Havanki <bh...@clouderagovt.com>.

--
// Bill Havanki
// 443.686.9283