Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Larry Meadors <la...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/15 16:21:41 UTC

Using AMQ to send files?

I'm looking at a process where we are moving around 2000 pdf files per
day (not sure of the size yet - I'd guess < 2MB) to an alternate
location.

We'd have a process that sent the pdf files to our queue, and a second
process that would get them from there and push them to their new
home.

I am wondering if doing this with AMQ will cause issues.

I can't think of any reasons that it would, but just wanted to see if
anyone here had any experience that would make me re-think this. :)

Larry

Reply:Using AMQ to send files?

Posted by SuoNayi <su...@163.com>.
AS a enhancement, amq supports sending blobmessage whose size can be very large (says 2GB).
So you certainly can use it to send those pdf files as well.

Re: Using AMQ to send files?

Posted by Larry Meadors <la...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 10:19 AM, James Green
<ja...@gmail.com> wrote:> Sounds like one for Apache Camel
(using ActiveMQ).
Yup - we're using camel for the receiving end of it - the sending end
is not my concern. :)

Larry

Re: Using AMQ to send files?

Posted by James Green <ja...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like one for Apache Camel (using ActiveMQ).

Camel to poll a filesystem directory (possibly) to shift the files onto a
queue. At the other end another Camel route to take from the queue and
place into another filesystem directory.

James