Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by RobertCZ <ro...@robert.cz> on 2005/04/13 12:12:35 UTC

mod_perl rc5 compatibility

Hi, Gerald,

  I see RC5 is quite changed from previous versions, what are your plans
for Embperl? Will next RC support both old and new mod_perl? Given
Gentoo quite changed the Apache is installed recently, now this quite
new mod_perl... it makes me nervous about  my next upgrade :-(

- Robert

RE: mod_perl rc5 compatibility

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

>   I see RC5 is quite changed from previous versions, what are
> your plans for Embperl? Will next RC support both old and new
> mod_perl? Given Gentoo quite changed the Apache is installed
> recently, now this quite new mod_perl... it makes me nervous
> about  my next upgrade :-(

I have to look more in detail into the changes, but I think I have to
support both versions of mod_perl, because to many installations with "old"
mod_perl are out there.

Unfortunately this will delay the final 2.0 again :-(

Gerald