Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/11 13:37:59 UTC

Re: [whimsy] branch master updated: ensure file url is actually passed back

I believe this change is confusing.

There is no way to reach the "else" clause if there is already a request.

Please explain or revert.

Thanks,
Craig

> On Jul 11, 2020, at 5:36 AM, sebb@apache.org wrote:
>
> +              emeritus_file_url = nil # for return by hidden form item
>               # These actions are only for the person's own use
>               if owner
>                 if committer.member.status.include? 'Active'
>                   if committer.forms['emeritus_request']
>                     emeritus_file_url = committer.forms['emeritus_request']
>                     _button.btn.btn_primary 'rescind emeritus request',
> -                      data_emeritus_file_url:emeritus_file_url,
>                       name: 'action', value: 'rescind_emeritus'
>                   else
> -                    _button.btn.btn_primary 'request emeritus status',
> -                      data_emeritus_person_name:@@person.public_name,
> -                      name: 'action', value: 'request_emeritus'
> +                    unless committer.forms['emeritus_request'] # already requested
> +                      _button.btn.btn_primary 'request emeritus status',
> +                        name: 'action', value: 'request_emeritus'
> +                    end
>                   end

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: [whimsy] branch master updated: ensure file url is actually passed back

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, 11 Jul 2020 at 16:18, Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Jul 11, 2020, at 6:58 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 11 Jul 2020 at 14:38, Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I believe this change is confusing.
> >>
> >> There is no way to reach the "else" clause if there is already a request.
> >
> > Huh?
> > The else clause is reached if the committer status is not Active.
>
> As I wrote the code, the else belongs to the
> if committer.forms['emeritus_request']
>
> not to the
> if committer.member.status.include? 'Active'
>
> So if there is an outstanding emeritus request, the member can rescind it. If no outstanding emeritus request, the member can request it.

Sorry, my bad.
I see now.
Reverted

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.

> On Jul 11, 2020, at 6:58 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 11 Jul 2020 at 14:38, Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I believe this change is confusing.
>>
>> There is no way to reach the "else" clause if there is already a request.
>
> Huh?
> The else clause is reached if the committer status is not Active.

As I wrote the code, the else belongs to the
if committer.forms['emeritus_request']

not to the
if committer.member.status.include? 'Active'

So if there is an outstanding emeritus request, the member can rescind it. If no outstanding emeritus request, the member can request it.

Craig

>> Please explain or revert.
>
> If there is already an emeritus request outstanding, the change
> prevents the request button from being shown.
>
> The else clause does nothing in this case
>

>> Thanks,
>> Craig
>>
>>> On Jul 11, 2020, at 5:36 AM, sebb@apache.org wrote:
>>>
>>> +              emeritus_file_url = nil # for return by hidden form item
>>>              # These actions are only for the person's own use
>>>              if owner
>>>                if committer.member.status.include? 'Active'
>>>                  if committer.forms['emeritus_request']
>>>                    emeritus_file_url = committer.forms['emeritus_request']
>>>                    _button.btn.btn_primary 'rescind emeritus request',
>>> -                      data_emeritus_file_url:emeritus_file_url,
>>>                      name: 'action', value: 'rescind_emeritus'
>>>                  else
>>> -                    _button.btn.btn_primary 'request emeritus status',
>>> -                      data_emeritus_person_name:@@person.public_name,
>>> -                      name: 'action', value: 'request_emeritus'
>>> +                    unless committer.forms['emeritus_request'] # already requested
>>> +                      _button.btn.btn_primary 'request emeritus status',
>>> +                        name: 'action', value: 'request_emeritus'
>>> +                    end
>>>                  end
>>
>> Craig L Russell
>> clr@apache.org

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: [whimsy] branch master updated: ensure file url is actually passed back

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.