Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Charitha Kankanamge <ch...@wso2.com> on 2006/11/09 03:52:04 UTC

Axis2-1.1 with Weblogic 9.2

Hi all,

I was trying to test Axis2-1.1 with Weblogic 9.2 on Ubuntu. I installed
weblogic 9.2 and configured a domain in development mode. Then I copied
axis2.war into /bea/user_projects/domain/mydomain/autodeploy directory.
When I restarted the server, I was able to access axis2 admin console
home page and was able to login to the console.
However when I selected a service (eg:-version) and clicked on it,
'Internal server error' page is displayed and following exception
appeared in the logs.

[weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext@faa824 - appName:
'_appsdir_axis2_war', name: 'axis2.war', context-path: '/axis2'] Root
cause of ServletException.
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.xml.stream.XMLOutputFactory.newInstance(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/ClassLoader;)Ljavax/xml/stream/XMLOutputFactory;
at org.apache.axiom.om.util.StAXUtils.getXMLOutputFactory(StAXUtils.java:97)
at
org.apache.axiom.om.util.StAXUtils.createXMLStreamWriter(StAXUtils.java:111)
at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMNodeImpl.serialize(OMNodeImpl.java:381)
at org.apache.axis2.description.AxisService.getWSDL(AxisService.java:711)
at org.apache.axis2.description.AxisService.printWSDL(AxisService.java:580)

As I understand, this error occurs, due to weblogic ships with jars
which conflict with jars present in Axis2 (As stated in the Axis2
Application server specific configuration guide).
'Axis2 Application server specific configuration guide' instructs to set
<prefer-web-inf-classes> to true in weblogic.xml. However it does not
give a proper instructions on how to do that (How to configure
weblogic.xml completely, where to put it etc..)

I would be thankful if you can send me a sample weblogic.xml file with
necessary axis2 configuration or please point me to a correct source
where I can get these information.

Thanks in advance,
Charitha

Re: Axis2-1.1 with Weblogic 9.2

Posted by Charitha Kankanamge <ch...@wso2.com>.
Thanks Dims. It worked fine when I added weblogic.xml with
<prefer-web-inf-classes>  parameter. I was able to deploy services,
generate stubs (ADB) and invoking the services through clients in
Axis2-1.1/Weblogic92 setup.

Thanks again,
Charitha

Re: Axis2-1.1 with Weblogic 9.2