Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2001/08/30 18:39:59 UTC

Re: os-windows/7164: using #! in CGI without drive letter no longer seems to work

> I have some CGI's that define #!/usr/bin/perl -w on the first line of script. On previous versions of Apache (1.3.14 for example)
this would work fine (Perl binaries are installed in c:\usr\bin) - the server was also installed on drive C. With apache 2 this
doesn't work anymore (I get the can not spawn child process)

I have not been able to confirm the 'unable to spawn child process' in the recent
2.0 versions.  I am able to confirm tat the -w check is _not_ passed to the child
process.  This will be corrected ASAP.