Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Sudha Ponnaganti <su...@citrix.com> on 2014/05/15 01:07:25 UTC

[ACS 4.4 QA] RC and release readiness

Team,

I see discussion around RC and readiness aspect from a few folks. Wanted to update dev mailing list on what has been done that I know of from QA standpoint. Also request other QA or test teams to chime in if they have covered any other aspects that they have been interested in. Based on that community can decide how to proceed.

We (Citrix QA Team) just started on 4.4 release as team has been busy with some of the internal and maintenance releases along with heartbleed and realhostip related validations. Currently only  10-15% validation has happened on 4.4 and that is also on 4.4 forward branch. Upgrades, new feature validation and general system test validation hasn't been done yet. Automation pass rates are low at this time.  Recent blockers and fixes in ACS JIRA are improving this pass rates slowly as we make progress.

We started posting test plans and test results on cwiki [1] - as you can see not much has been covered.  In prior releases ( 4.2 and 4.3 ) we were able to do QA cycle [2] by RC date. Unfortunately it is not the case in the current release.  One recommendation would be to wait for QA Cycle to complete and baseline with 4.4 forward branch.  Any other thoughts or recommendations from community on this??

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+QA+4.4+Test+Plan
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/QA+4.2+Test+Plan

Thanks
/Sudha