Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Guillaume de Roujoux <gd...@kaidarausa.com> on 2002/06/28 17:32:37 UTC

Can Apache or Tomcat act as an AJP12 proxy ?

Hi All,

I would like to have Tomcat run in a 3rd layer of a network, while there is an initial Apache server in the first layer (each layer is separated from the others by a Proxy)

The protocol from the first Apache to the intermediary (in the second layer) would be AJP12/13

The protocol from the intermediary to the Tomcat would be AJP12/13 or RMI

Is it possible to use either:
    - Apache in the second layer receiving AJP12 requests and forwarding them to Tomcat in th 3rd layer
    - Tomcat in the second layer recieving AJP12 requests and forwarding them to Tomcat in th 3rd layer

So can Apache or Tomcat act as an AJP12 proxy ? How ?

Thanks

Guillaume

Re: Can Apache or Tomcat act as an AJP12 proxy ?

Posted by Guillaume de Roujoux <gd...@kaidarausa.com>.
Well, it explains how to have Apache forward requests to Tomcat using AJP13.
I would like to have that tomcat Re-forward the same request to another one
(cascading tomcat) and then routing the response back to Apache.

I know this is over-complicated, but it would help me fit in a specific
architecture

Guillaume

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Can Apache or Tomcat act as an AJP12 proxy ?

Posted by Liam Morley <lm...@gdc.wpi.edu>.
Guillaume,