Posted to zeta-dev@incubator.apache.org by Benjamin Eberlei <ko...@beberlei.de> on 2011/01/16 20:38:32 UTC

[zeta-dev] Request for SVN Account

Hello everyone,

my CLA got accepted some weeks ago and i am hereby asking to be granted
SVN access for the following purposes:

1. Take responsibility for some ezcWorkflow related extensions
2. Work on a design document and proposal for a CouchDB Backend of
ezcWorkflow.

greetings,
Benjamin

Re: [zeta-dev] Request for SVN Account

Posted by Ronan Guilloux <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi evereyone,

reading at the Benjamin question, I looked after an existing Apache's GIT
repo & found it here : http://git.apache.org/. You can also have a look at
http://wiki.apache.org/general/GitAtApache, the "Git for Apache committers"
chapter, for a detailled explanation about how it works and how to set it up
correctly in order that all your Git commits can be pushed back to SVN in a
single command.

Here is an explanation for a live "Git2ApacheSVN" example :
http://wiki.apache.org/thrift/GitRepository : the Apache Thrift git repo's
master branch is updated from svn every hour.

Altough this is no unanim solution into the Apache community (see
http://goo.gl/OpTwV in particular), and altought it is a readonly plateform
for every non-access-granted developers, to me this surely can become a
great way to encourage and may be simplify collaborations to the project.
I'm not sure that sharing patch files is the best way to propose, say, a new
entire component. A Github repo should also give more visibility to the AZC
project.

I completely understand the need of a CLA, and the point that new
contributors an new incubated projects need to follow ASF and project
guidelines. I was just asking myself about more flexible ways
to contributions to AZC.

--
Ronan Guilloux

Posted by Tobias Schlitt <to...@schlitt.info>.