Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Terence Kearns <te...@cts.canberra.edu.au> on 2003/10/10 03:44:33 UTC

anyone using Xindice as a warehouse?

One of the things my work has asked me to do is look into creating an
enterprise wide XML cache. We have so many disparate systems providing
mass-storage facilities to our applications -- LDAP, X500, Ingres,
MySQL, Oracle. All the information is spread out but when building apps,
we often need to access information that cuts accross all of them.

We could build a standard warehouse but I want to evaluate the idea of
an XML warehouse.

--
Terence Kearns ~ ph: +61 2 6201 5516
IT Database/Applications Developer

Re: anyone using Xindice as a warehouse?

Posted by "webhiker@tiscali.fr" <we...@tiscali.fr>.
It would make sense only if your data across all these repositories are
already stored as XML.
And I'm not sure eXist or Xindice can handle enterprise loads, they seem
to pan out at about 30000 and 100000 smallish documents respectively.
You might get better with Sleepycat, but they don't have an XML:DB api
in place yet., if that's important.
I'd advise something commerical like x-hive or the Oracle XML layer
(although their xml db seems very slow for large collections)