Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Seaman, Sloan" <Sl...@ptilabs.com> on 2004/12/16 20:47:01 UTC

User Ser/Deser when an object has a Class

Is there anyway to setup Axis so that if an object has a property of type
java.lang.Class it will use a specified serializer/deserializer?

I thought the following might work but it doesn't seem to :

<typeMapping qname="myNS:Class" xmlns:myNS="urn:http://ws.pimp.ptilabs.com"
     languageSpecificType="java:java.lang.Class"
     serializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.SimpleSerializerFactory"
     deserializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.SimpleDeserializerFactory"
     encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>

I intend to write my own serializer/deser. that will just do a
Class.getName() on serialization and a Class.forName() on deserialization.

--
Sloan