Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org> on 2006/11/20 18:34:14 UTC

non-existant private list

The incubator info file [1] has a list of the ppmc / private mailing
lists. Except we don't have a ppmc list for the Woden podling and when
I tried out the woden-private list qmail told me:

<wo...@incubator.apache.org>:

Should each podling have a ppmc list? In Woden we've been using
woden-dev for everything.

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/board/incubator-info.txt

Thanks,
Jeremy

Re: non-existant private list

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
On 11/20/06, robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> it's probably a good idea to set one up before graduation. see
> http://www.apache.org/dev for information on setting up mailing lists.

The argument for Woden, IIRC, was that it was under the WS PMC - so
any 'private' matters need to be handled by them not by a PPMC.
*shrug*  -- justin

Re: non-existant private list

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 11/20/06, Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org> wrote:
> The incubator info file [1] has a list of the ppmc / private mailing
> lists. Except we don't have a ppmc list for the Woden podling and when
> I tried out the woden-private list qmail told me:
>
> <wo...@incubator.apache.org>:
> Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.1.1)
>
> Should each podling have a ppmc list? In Woden we've been using
> woden-dev for everything.

that's good: as much business as possible should be conducted on public lists

the private list should only be used for confidential matters. so it
shouldn't be used often.

it's probably a good idea to set one up before graduation. see
http://www.apache.org/dev for information on setting up mailing lists.

- robert

Re: non-existant private list

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Jeremy

Its a good question.

I believe that the Incubator PMC documented the whole PPMC thing after
woden was started. I think Woden should probably have one as part of
the move towards graduation.

Actually Synapse is in the same boat.

Paul

On 11/20/06, Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org> wrote:
> The incubator info file [1] has a list of the ppmc / private mailing
> lists. Except we don't have a ppmc list for the Woden podling and when
> I tried out the woden-private list qmail told me:
>
> <wo...@incubator.apache.org>:
> Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.1.1)
>
> Should each podling have a ppmc list? In Woden we've been using
> woden-dev for everything.
>
> [1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/board/incubator-info.txt
>
> Thanks,
> Jeremy