Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by sidinsd <si...@ga.com> on 2011/06/22 20:55:05 UTC

Apache Portable Runtime on 64-Bit Windows Platforms

Does anyone out there know if you can use the Apache Portable Runtime to
develop applications targeted for 64-bit Windows platforms?

Re: Apache Portable Runtime on 64-Bit Windows Platforms

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 10:18 AM, sidinsd <si...@ga.com> wrote:

> I wanted to Thank the people who replied to me, but I also wanted to follow
> the guidelines of the Forum, which said not to post "Thank You", but to rate
> the posts instead with a high rating, 4 or 5 stars. But when I tried to do
> that, the system didn't seem to take my new rating seriously. It showed me
> the rating temporarily, but then the rating reverted back to what it was
> before. So, this post is meant, first of all, to thank all the people who
> replied to my first post, and secondly to enlist the help of people who are
> more knowledgable than me about the Forum. How do you change a post's
> rating?

Please note that the real discussion group is the dev@apr.apache.org
mailing list*, and the forum interface you're using is meaningless to
most of us (at least to the apr developers following the mailing
list).

And feel free to say "thanks" if that is your preference.  Nabble's
"guidelines of the Forum" mean nothing for this hijacked (or
wrappered) content.

Re: Apache Portable Runtime on 64-Bit Windows Platforms

Posted by sidinsd <si...@ga.com>.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 2:55 PM, sidinsd <si...@ga.com> wrote:

> Does anyone out there know if you can use the Apache Portable Runtime to
> develop applications targeted for 64-bit Windows platforms?

You can use a 64-bit APR on Windows just fine.

Re: Apache Portable Runtime on 64-Bit Windows Platforms

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
On 22/06/2011 21:55, sidinsd wrote:
> Does anyone out there know if you can use the Apache Portable Runtime to
> develop applications targeted for 64-bit Windows platforms?

You can.  APR supports Win64 (for example, subversion, and the Apache
Webserver which both have  win64 builds)