Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Alex Orlov <oo...@mail.ru> on 2020/11/08 10:24:14 UTC

Re[4]: Some questions about Shiro API

Hi Andreas,

I am just a Shiro user and this is Shiro user mailing list. I fulfilled my duties — opened an issue and gave explanations.
I develop my projects, Shiro developers develop Shiro. I just can’t develop any library I use in my projects ( > 30) — because
to do it I must give up my projects.

The idea of my message wasn’t "Change the API because anyway you have nothing to do". The idea of my message
was — "Don’t call a wrong thing a right thing".

--
Best regards, Alex Orlov

Re: Some questions about Shiro API

Posted by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>.
Again, it’s not as black and white as you think.
Not everything is perfect, nothing is, and nothing ever will be.
Yes, Shiro APIs are a bit old-fashioned, but they work perfectly, understandable
and productive.

Trust me, as you rework your problems “in terms of Shiro design” your desire for casts will largely disappear.
I believe you are trying to use objects in your code that you are mostly do not need to.