Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org> on 2015/11/08 03:53:34 UTC

blog describing new time-series data optimization

If you have time-series data for which you'd like to improve query
performance, take a look at this[1] blog written by Samarth Jain on a new
feature in our 4.6 release:

https://blogs.apache.org/phoenix/entry/new_optimization_for_time_series

Enjoy!

    James

Re: blog describing new time-series data optimization

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
bq. Would be cool to see if we could roll in some of the stuff talked about
at the last meetup too :)

+1. We're always open for patches, :-) though many of those changes would
be rolled in at the HBase level, I believe (assuming we're talking about
Vladimir's preso[1]). However, the auto-rollup stuff could be done through
materialized views in Calcite. Would be great if once our Phoenix/Calcite
integration is complete, if we could leverage Apache Kylin (which also uses
Calcite) to get that capability.

[1] http://files.meetup.com/1350427/TimeSeriesHBase.pptx

Posted by Jesse Yates <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.