Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Yuvaraj Athur Raghuvir <yu...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/14 06:45:07 UTC

Connecting to StrikeIron WebServices - how to?

Hello,

As you might already know, StrikeIron has Webservices Search available as a
WebService [1]. [SOAP 1.1]

I decided to use the Google Sample to create client and interpret the
result.

The client invoke fails. There seems to be no SOAP fault.

Any suggestions?

Thanks & Regards,
Yuva

[1] http://www.strikeiron.com/ProductDetail.aspx?p=23
 <http://www.strikeiron.com/ProductDetail.aspx?p=23>

Environment : VC++, proxy (configured into axis2.xml)
Assumptions:
    operation = "SearchWebServices";
    si_wss_key = <get this from strikeiron>;
    si_wss_keyword = "finance";

Changes:
address = "http://ws.strikeiron.com/StrikeIronDirectoryService"; //endpoint
ns1 = axiom_namespace_create(env, "http://www.strikeirion.com/webservices",
"ns1"); //payload

The SOAP message I am generating looks like this:

<ns1:SearchWebservies
soapenv:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/
" xmlns:ns1="http://www.strikeiron.com/webservices"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance
" xmlns:soapenv='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
xmlns:xsd="http://www/w3/org/1999/XMLSchema
">
<LicenceKey xsi:type="xsd:string"> .... </LicenseKEy>
<KEyWord xsi;type="xsd;string">finance<
/KeyWord>
</nsl:SearchWebServices>

Re: Connecting to StrikeIron WebServices - how to?

Posted by Yuvaraj Athur Raghuvir <yu...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I have assembled the soap:Envelope.

Now, I need to get <?xml version=" 1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> on the top.

I think this should be a simple call somewhere and not part of payload
assembly.

Suggestions?

Regards,
Yuva

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Yuva,
     Please find my comments inline
"Yuvaraj Athur Raghuvir" <yu...@gmail.com> writes:
> If I use the Google Sample verbatim, I get the following XML:
> <ns1:SearchWebservices soapenv:encodingStyle=" http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/
> encoding/ " xmlns:ns1="http://www.strikeiron.com/webservices" xmlns:xsi=" http:
> //www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance " xmlns:soapenv='http://
> schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/ " xmlns:xsd="http://www/w3/org/1999/
> XMLSchema ">
> <LicenseKey xsi:type="xsd:string"> license </LicenseKEy>
> <KeyWord xsi;type="xsd;string">keyword</KeyWord>
> </nsl:SearchWebServices>
>
> I went through AXIOM/C sample but I donot see how I can get the following
> elements:
> a) <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> : Is this implicit?
> b) <soap:Envelope..>...</soap:Envelop>
> c) <soap:Body>...</soap:Body>

My understanding is , you don't need to worry about creating xml
declaration and soap envelope. Axis2/C will take care of it. You just
need to pass your payload (that you specify above) to
axis2_svc_client_send_receive function

 ret_node = axis2_svc_client_send_receive(svc_client, env, payload);

thanks,
Dinesh
--
Dinesh Premalal
http://xydinesh.wordpress.com/

Re: Connecting to StrikeIron WebServices - how to?

Posted by Yuvaraj Athur Raghuvir <yu...@gmail.com>.
Hello,