Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/17 19:03:14 UTC

Maven plugin for OpenEJB

Hi,

Is there a maven plugin to use OpenEJB in embedded more like we can do with
Glassfish

                <groupId>org.glassfish</groupId>
                <artifactId>maven-embedded-glassfish-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>3.1.1</version>

If this is not the case, what do you suggest/recommend to create a Boostrap
class to launch OpenEJB and deploy a WAR ?

Regards,

Charles Moulliard

Apache Committer

Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
Twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
Linkedin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard
Skype: cmoulliard

Re: Maven plugin for OpenEJB

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
added
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/maven-plugins/openejb-embedded-maven-plugin/

the only goal is (for now): mvn openejb-embedded:run

- Romain

Re: Maven plugin for OpenEJB

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven plugin for OpenEJB

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven plugin for OpenEJB

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Maven plugin for OpenEJB

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 17, 2012, at 10:03 AM, Charles Moulliard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a maven plugin to use OpenEJB in embedded more like we can do with
> Glassfish
>
>                <groupId>org.glassfish</groupId>
>                <artifactId>maven-embedded-glassfish-plugin</artifactId>
>                <version>3.1.1</version>
>
> If this is not the case, what do you suggest/recommend to create a Boostrap
> class to launch OpenEJB and deploy a WAR ?

Romain has one started here:

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/maven-plugins/tomee-maven-plugin/

That will do the server start and war deployment.  Not yet released and I don't think there are snapshots deployed for it either.

If you don't need the .war support, then EJBContainer API is a great way to bootstrap something in a vm.  Here are two examples that do it:

  http://openejb.apache.org/examples-trunk/cdi-request-scope/README.html
  http://openejb.apache.org/examples-trunk/cdi-application-scope/README.html

That API can now also boot TomEE Embedded if you specify "EJBContainer.PROVIDER" to "tomee-embedded".

There's also the Arquillian adapter which can allow you to test the same code in all flavors of TomEE and plain OpenEJB.  Here's an example pom.

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb/arquillian-tomee/arquillian-tomee-tests/pom.xml

There's a profile for each server setup.  One for glassfish-embedded too, though that one stopped working for some reason.  It was nice to have in there for the occasional sanity check.

-David