Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2020/01/28 14:27:07 UTC

R: [PROPOSAL] Preparing Apache ServiceMix 8.0.0+1

+1 on each point.
I wouldn't do an 8.0.0 release, because we can't guarantee patch releases..
So I would go with attic and clearly states to use karaf

Inviato da Yahoo Mail su Android

  Il mar, 28 gen, 2020 alle 15:01, Jean-Baptiste Onofré<jb...@nanthrax.net> ha scritto:   Hi guys,

If the ServiceMix project is fairly active for SMX Bundles and Specs, we
clearly have a "slow pace" on distribution releases.

Here, we have two approaches possible:

1. We clearly state on website and codebase that users should better use
Karaf and create their own custom distribution if needed.
2. We begin a regular pace in distribution release.

I think 1 makes more sense and it's worth to be mentioned in the SMX
distribution.

Regarding 2, I would like to propose a ServiceMix 8.0.0 with:
- Update to Karaf 4.2.x
- Update to Camel 3.0.1
- Update on Activity
- Cleanup and improved SMX features
- Add itests in smx for coverage

Another more "important" decision would be to retire ServiceMix to attic
and move SMX Bundles and Specs as Karaf subprojects (as we have Karaf
Decanter, Cave, Cellar, ...).

I think it's fair to discuss about that as we don't see lot of activity
on ServiceMix distribution/releases.

Thoughts ?

Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: R: [PROPOSAL] Preparing Apache ServiceMix 8.0.0+1

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Gert,

My proposal about Karaf integration distribution was just to easily
"migrate" users.
If you think it could be addressed with documentation/migration guide,
that's good to me !

Regards
JB

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

That sounds like a good plan to me. There's quite a bit of overlap
between the currently active committers/PMC members on the ServiceMix
project and the Karaf community anyway.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Krsysztof,

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Basically, something like bundle:install desc:mvn:...my-bundle-1.json

and all is in my-bundle-1.json

It's the PoC I started.

Regards
JB