Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/07 02:58:04 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Accumulo 1.5.2 RC0

Devs,

Please consider the following candidate for Apache Accumulo 1.5.2

Tag: 1.5.2rc0
SHA1: 1f03ba93f8fc8b24b85873d6f024bd05dd102e11
Staging Repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-1012/

Source tarball:
http://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-1012/org/apache/accumulo/accumulo/1.5.2/accumulo-1.5.2-src.tar.gz
Binary tarball:
http://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-1012/org/apache/accumulo/accumulo/1.5.2/accumulo-1.5.2-bin.tar.gz
(Append ".sha1", ".md5" or ".asc" to download the signature/hash for a
given artifact.)

Signing keys available at: https://www.apache.org/dist/accumulo/KEYS

Over 1.5.1, we have 97 issues resolved. You can find them at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312121&version=12326272
or
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=accumulo.git;a=commitdiff;h=139bd83cfbe75c382b8fc1c9791394c15ee5f771

Testing: all unit and functional tests are passing. I ran some brief
tests with continuous ingest (~3B entries ingested with two tservers,
killing them periodically) and a few Randomwalk modules. Keith told me
in IRC today that he's running a Continuous Ingest run on EC2.

This vote will be open until Tuesday, August 12th 12:00AM UTC.

- Josh

Re: [VOTE] Apache Accumulo 1.5.2 RC0

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
For those keeping track, this failed last night with no votes.

Since there is re-invigorated discussion on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-1628, I plan to defer the
next RC a bit to see if we can come up with a good solution and not have
to immediately start thinking about 1.5.3.

- Josh

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
The NPE has been filed as ACCUMULO-3055, it's a new issue that does not yet
impact any released version[1].

-Sean

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-3055

--
Sean

Re: [VOTE] Apache Accumulo 1.5.2 RC0

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
Err, only looking at stderr.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Oops! Just pushed it.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Mostly for my own sake:

Eric committed a little fix for ACCUMULO-2905 that isn't contained in
rc0. I'll probably end up rolling an rc1 for that alone. Please, please
let me know if you find something (minor or not) that you'd like fixed.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
I ran 24 hr CI w/ agitation (killing tserver every 4 min) on a 20 node EC2
cluster.  It verified successfully and wrote 23.4B entries.

Ran against 139bd83 1.5.2-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Christopher saved the day -- https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-812

tl;dr >=git-1.8 was broken with <maven-release-plugin-2.5 (really, the
underlying git maven-scm-provider)

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Yes

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.
2.4

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
I ran the CI test against 2.3.0

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.
To follow up on these failures:

I believe this is due to the larger footprint required by java 1.7.  I
increased the timeout and the JVM memory and these tests ran to completion.

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.