Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tommy Pham <to...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/31 00:28:29 UTC

missing action

Hi,

I'm trying to follow the tutorial:

http://struts.apache.org/release/2.3.x/docs/hello-world-using-struts-2.html

to create a Struts 2 application with maven and eclipse but encountering a
404 error with missing action with this error in the console:

Jul 30, 2013 3:24:41 PM com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.logging.jdk.JdkLogger
error
SEVERE: Dispatcher initialization failed
Unable to load configuration. - action -
file:/D:/data/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp0/wtpwebapps/sample_app/WEB-INF/classes/struts.xml:17:80
at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.ConfigurationManager.getConfiguration(ConfigurationManager.java:70)
at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.init_PreloadConfiguration(Dispatcher.java:446)
at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.init(Dispatcher.java:490)
at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ng.InitOperations.initDispatcher(InitOperations.java:74)
at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ng.filter.StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter.init(StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter.java:57)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.initFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:281)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:262)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.<init>(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:107)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.filterStart(StandardContext.java:4746)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5399)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1559)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1549)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: Action class
[org.apache.struts.tutorial.action.HelloWorldAction] not found - action -
file:/D:/data/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp0/wtpwebapps/sample_app/WEB-INF/classes/struts.xml:17:80
at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.verifyAction(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:482)
at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.addAction(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:426)
at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.addPackage(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:552)
at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.loadPackages(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:292)
at
org.apache.struts2.config.StrutsXmlConfigurationProvider.loadPackages(StrutsXmlConfigurationProvider.java:112)
at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.impl.DefaultConfiguration.reloadContainer(DefaultConfiguration.java:250)
at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.ConfigurationManager.getConfiguration(ConfigurationManager.java:67)
... 17 more

Jul 30, 2013 3:24:41 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext filterStart
SEVERE: Exception starting filter struts2
Unable to load configuration. - action -
file:/D:/data/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp0/wtpwebapps/sample_app/WEB-INF/classes/struts.xml:17:80
at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.init(Dispatcher.java:502)
[...]
Caused by: Unable to load configuration. - action -
file:/D:/data/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp0/wtpwebapps/sample_app/WEB-INF/classes/struts.xml:17:80
at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.ConfigurationManager.getConfiguration(ConfigurationManager.java:70)
at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.init_PreloadConfiguration(Dispatcher.java:446)
at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.init(Dispatcher.java:490)
... 15 more
[...]

Here's my struts.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE struts PUBLIC
    "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 2.0//EN"
    "http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-2.0.dtd">

<struts>

<constant name="struts.devMode" value="true" />

<package name="sampleapp" extends="struts-default">

<action name="index">
<result>/index.jsp</result>
</action>

<action name="hello"
class="org.apache.struts.tutorial.action.HelloWorldAction" method="execute">
<result name="success">/HelloWorld.jsp</result>
</action>

</package>

</struts>

and my HelloWorldAction.java:

package org.apache.struts.tutorial.action;

import org.apache.struts.tutorial.model.MessageStore;
import com.opensymphony.xwork2.ActionSupport;

public class HelloWorldAction extends ActionSupport {

private MessageStore messageStore;

public String execute() throws Exception {
messageStore = new MessageStore();
return SUCCESS;
}

public MessageStore getMessageStore() {
return messageStore;
}

public void setMessageStore(MessageStore messageStore) {
this.messageStore = messageStore;
}

}

I've tried maven clean and clean Tomcat work directory but same result.
 Did I misconfigured something?

Thanks,
Tommy

Re: Test with StrutsJUnit4TestCase

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
Please register an issue in JIRA

--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: Test with StrutsJUnit4TestCase

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
2013/8/17 Alireza Fattahi <af...@yahoo.com>:
> I forgot to merntion:
> When I extend StrutsJUnit4TestCase the assertTrue method is not found !

You must import them statically

Regards

Re: convetion maps parent actions too!

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
2013/8/19 Alireza Fattahi <af...@yahoo.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I am usging convetion. All my actions extended a base action like
>
> public class AccountAction extends MyBaseActionSupport{
>
> }
>
> The convention maps the MyBaseActionSupport too.
> Is there any way we can avoid it.

Is it an abstract class?

Regards

Re: Spring Anotaction with Strust

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Rather use @Service

>          @Bean
>              public  void editService() {

hm.... method that doesn't return anything is annotated as Bean producer ;-)

Regards

Posted by Alireza Fattahi <af...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
May be this a spring question but please help me...
Consider the example:
http://struts.apache.org/release/2.2.x/docs/spring-and-struts-2.html

I want to use spring anotation for defining the beans.
So I make a EditServiceInMemory class as below:

@Configuration
public class EditServiceInMemory{

         @Bean
             public  void editService() {

        }

}

Accroding to spring above should be same as:

<bean id="editService" class="org.apache.struts.edit.service.EditServiceInMemory" />

But the anotation is not working!
Is is any thing regarding to spring plug in ?!

I also added the below in applicationContext.xml:
 <context:annotation-config/>

~Regards,
~~Alireza Fattahi

Re: Test with StrutsJUnit4TestCase

Posted by Alireza Fattahi <af...@yahoo.com>.
I forgot to merntion:

________________________________

Re: missing action

Posted by Tommy Pham <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lukasz,

Been busy with other things and didn't have time troubleshoot it.  I
finally got it to work properly via:

Maven clean
Maven install
Run on Server

Thanks,
Tommy

Re: missing action

Re: missing action

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
I am not familiar with the "Run As" options of the IDE as I use
command line for such tasks, but basically you are expected to create
a war file and deploy it to your container when something changes.
Personally I am using the mvn jetty plugin and Jrebel (when doing open
source work) for that.

Can you check if the class file is actually existent in your container?
Also you try to re-create a war file and see if it works.

Cheers

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de