Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jamel ESSOUSSI <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/27 09:44:49 UTC

Master config

Hi,

I use two Solr slaves and one Solr master, it's a good idea to disable all
the the caches in the master ?

Best Regards

-- Jamel ESSOUSSI

Re: Master config

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
If you don't query the master, minimal memory is used for the cache.

There's no harm in disabling the caches, but I doubt you'll notice any
difference unless you have a very unusual setup.

Best
Erick

Re: Master config

Posted by Vadim Kisselmann <v....@googlemail.com>.