Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com> on 2005/10/31 21:11:45 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Apache: You don't have permission to access /index.html on this server. Additionally a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

On Monday 31 October 2005 20:02, Andi Martin wrote:

> Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I'm running an AMD64 in FC4
> 64bit mode.

Sounds like file permissions.  It's not just the files; apache needs to be
able to read the directory and all parents (perms 755 is usually fine).

If that's not it, look at your selinux docs.

--
Nick Kew

Posted by Andi Martin <an...@btconnect.com>.
Nick,

Thanks for your help, it was due to selinux.  I managed to get it
working!!! :-)

Cheers again,

Andi

Posted by Andi Martin <an...@btconnect.com>.
Nick,

Thanks for your quick response.  I checked the file permissions, I don't
think it's those, changed them all to 755 just in case but still no
luck.

I've also removed .htm from the /etc/mime.types and restarted the server
out of interest - it still manages to load .htm and not .html.

Any idea where I can find the selinux docs you mentioned?

Cheers again for taking the time.