Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com> on 2009/08/16 12:00:38 UTC

jQuery+Wicket+Form

Hi!

I need to implement a "custom drop down" -select component, because I
need to display more information than can be fit onto a single line.

I am considering using jQuery or similar RIA widgets on a web page
running on Wicket.

My problem is: how do I bind the custom select into wicket form
processing model? Is that the right way to go at it at all?

I tried looking around and came across:
* http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34705/best-practices-with-jquery-form-binding-code-in-an-application
* http://www.wickext.org/documentation/ui/jquery-ui-wicket-integration.html

.. but I haven't really found any example having RIA form components.
Date picker is simple, because it sets the value of an existing
<input> element. But what if I have a custome select that is not a
select at all.. how would that work with wicket?

**
Martin

RE: jQuery+Wicket+Form

Posted by Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de>.
I see that I synchronize the model too in onBeforeRender:

@Override

protected void onBeforeRender() {

   internalModel.setObject(getModelObject());

   internalField.setRequired(isRequired());

   super.onBeforeRender();

}

Stefan

________________________________

Hmm.. this might actually work, it uses the original form component to
store the value:

http://v2.easy-designs.net/articles/replaceSelect/

However.. that's a "hand-made" one. Anybody know of a similary library
solution that is skinnable etc.?

**
Martin

Re: jQuery+Wicket+Form

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.
Ok, have that, never had time to read. Tnx for the tip.

**
Martin

RE: jQuery+Wicket+Form

Posted by Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de>.