Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Navjot Singh <na...@net4india.net> on 2003/05/15 13:28:45 UTC

Regarding Vic's BasicPortal using Struts

Hi Vic,

It's nice to read about your basic portal. Now all i am curious about
knowing is this why do you need to have relation
-- BaseBean extends ValidatorForm --

I understand keeping this relation brings easiness but i am unable to
convince myself of this requirement. It's like bringing the presenetation
data and the DAO data in one class in somehow someway.

IMO, they should be __disjoint__.
I know this would double the number of files to be created but it's ok
(atleast for me ;-)

I would like to know your viewpoint. I may be wrong in my thinking but i am
open to all thoughts.

regards
Navjot Singh