Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Nishanth S <ni...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/16 20:02:06 UTC

Changing HDFS Log Directories in Ambari 1.7

Hello,

I am  very new to ambari  and  looking for a way to change the  hadoop log
diretories.By default it is  pointing to /var/log.I would like to set this
 to a custom mounted directory.I already tried  playing around with
hdfs_log_dir and hdfs_log_dir_prefix and want to check if there is an
option other than symlinks.I would really appreciate any help  in this
regards.

Thanks,
Nishanth

Re: Changing HDFS Log Directories in Ambari 1.7

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
> However, you should proceed with caution since changing hdfs_log_dir_prefix has not really been tested.

Let me clarify.  What I meant to say was that changing hdfs_log_dir_prefix *after the cluster has been installed* has not really been tested.

Yusaku

From: Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>>
Date: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 3:13 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<ma...@ambari.apache.org>" <us...@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Changing HDFS Log Directories in Ambari 1.7

Hi Nishanth,

You can try changing "hdfs_log_dir_prefix" in "hadoop-env" via the script /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/configs.sh.

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Nishanth,

Posted by Nishanth S <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hello,