Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2001/06/15 11:10:56 UTC

Re: Problems with licenses (GPL, LGPL) and task writing

Jirtme Lacoste <je...@smartcardsystem.com> wrote:

> If I have a tool written under the GPL or LGPL, and I want to write
> a task for it, shouldn't the license of the task be still GPL or
> LGPL?

Hmm, people have very different opinions on that.  Things are quite
clear if the original code is GPLed - as long as you directly use the
tools classes/methods (without reflection), your code has to be GPLed
as well.

> In that case, can the task be part of the Ant optional tasks tree,
> or is there a license conflict?

If it is (L)GPLed, it cannot live in any Apache CVS module.

Stefan