Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by "Peter A. Pilgrim" <pe...@xenonsoft.demon.co.uk> on 2003/02/12 01:02:59 UTC

Forcing or replacing a request processor version 1.1 beta3

Hi

I am looking at the Struts source code. I want to find
out the ActionServlet that is responsible for loading
and setting the RequestProcessor.

I see a ControllerConfig in the utility with the default
"org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor". Is there
a way of overriding this hard setting programmatical?
I want to create an ActionServlet subclass that will
default to a CustomRequestProcessor without having
to set it in XML config.

Also in the `ActionServlet.initModuleConfig' which
I think is responsible for initialisation all
the module configuration from the XML I was thinking
I could do something like this:

         // Parse the configuration for this module
         ModuleConfig config = null;
         InputStream input = null;
         String mapping = null;
         try {
             //@todo & FIXME replace with a FactoryMethod
             ModuleConfigFactory factoryObject =
                 ModuleConfigFactory.createFactory();
             config = factoryObject.createModuleConfig(prefix);

ControllerConfig cc =
	moduleConfig.getControllerConfig();
if ( cc.getProcessorClass().equals(
	"org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor" ) )
	cc.setProcessorClass("com.xenonsoft.fire.MyCustomProcessor");

Is this a good idea?

Tia

--
Peter Pilgrim