Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by tim <tb...@yahoo.com> on 2005/02/08 18:46:11 UTC

Problems with 1.4win / xerces XML

Hi,

Apologies for spamming this list, this is probably a stupid error on my part but I have been trying this for hours now and figured I'd give this list a try.

I am trying to build xerces XML and axis1.4.  I can produce the DLL's and LIB's just fine (all in debug), however, when I try to compile and run the example "simple" (the calculator service), the client only, I run into trouble.

I tried two different configurations:
Axis1.4 with xerces2.2, Visual C++ 6.0: In Calculator::Calculator, at the conclucion of the first line, new Call(), I get an error: Debug Assertion failed dbgheap.cpp line 1044 Expression: _CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData).

When trying Axis1.4 with xerces2.6 in Visual Studio .NET 2003, I get a similar error during "return 0;" in main, namely on "delete m_pCall".  This time, the CRT error message that usually displays source file, line number, and assertion that was violated is so messed up that there is no text in it, also no text in the buttons, just a window that says Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library and a red exclamation mark, and three buttons with no text in them.

Does anyone have any clue as to what could be causing this?

Also, another question:  I noticed that AxisTransport has no source codes, but only AxisTransport2.  In VC6, it still created an AxisTransport.dll file that I used, whereas with VS .NET2003, I manually copied AxisTransport2.dll into AxisTransport.dll

Any idea as to what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks a lot.

--Tim