Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Denis Signoretto <de...@intesys.it> on 2013/04/22 12:37:10 UTC

Framework and connectors dependecies

Hi,

I would like to use ConnId DBTable connector 2.1.5 on Syncope 1.0.8.

Following related documentation [1] I have overridden the property <connid.db.table.version>2.1.4</connid.db.table.version>
adding to the Syncope parent pom.xml the property <connid.db.table.version>2.1.5</connid.db.table.version>.

I would like to know if there are dependencies between framework version and connector versions.

Can I safely install any connector version on Syncope 1.0.X/Framework 1.3.2 ?

Thanks,
Denis.

[1] - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Install+connector+bundles#Installconnectorbundles-Addbundlesatprojectdefinitiontime

Re: Framework and connectors dependecies

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 22/04/2013 12:37, Denis Signoretto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to use ConnId DBTable connector 2.1.5 on Syncope 1.0.8.
>
> Following related documentation [1] I have overridden the property <connid.db.table.version>2.1.4</connid.db.table.version>
> adding to the Syncope parent pom.xml the property <connid.db.table.version>2.1.5</connid.db.table.version>.
>
> I would like to know if there are dependencies between framework version and connector versions.
>
> Can I safely install any connector version on Syncope 1.0.X/Framework 1.3.2?

Hi Denis,
the DbTable connector 2.1.5 requires ConnId framework 1.3.3 ([2] line 33).

According to ConnId documentation [3], the compatibility matrix is set
so that a newer framework version can use an older connector bundle, not
viceversa. In your case this means that with Syncope 1.1.0 (which
empowers ConnId 1.3.3) you can use "old" connector bundles like DbTable
2.1.4 (while 2.1.5 is set by default), not the opposite.

If there is any specific enhancement in DbTable connector 2.1.5
(compared to 2.1.4) that you need to retain for ConnId 1.3.2
compatibility, I'd suggest to ask on connid-users@googlegroups.com

Regards.

[2] https://github.com/Tirasa/ConnIdDBBundle/blob/db-2.1.5/pom.xm
[3] https://connid.atlassian.net/wiki/display/BASE/Design