Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/22 17:26:24 UTC

Another look at the yoko changes.

I've just posted patches for the latest version of the geronimo/openejb
yoko integration changes.  The openejb2 changes can be found here:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/OPENEJB-266

The geronimo changes are here:

This version creates 2 new top level modules (contained in orb.zip) that
are built seperately from openejb2.  The sunorb module contains the Sun
adapter code.  The yoko module contains the Yoko adapter.  These modules
are dependent upon the openejb2 module, so openejb2 must be built first,
then the other two modules in any order.  In theory, openejb2 and yoko
should be buildable using Java 5, but I have not done that particular
experiment yet.  I've also fixed up the unit tests that were broken
because of the ORB dependencies by moving them into the yoko and sunorb
modules.

NOTE:  to help save my sanity, these changes are using a temporary
version number of 2.2.1-SNAPSHOT.  This is done to keep these changes
from interfering with the normal trunk builds.

The Geronimo changes are all just pom and plan changes.  This the normal
*-corba plans are configured to use the yoko ORB by default.  There's a
second set of *-corba-sun plans that provide equivalent function using
the Sun ORB.  Using either the jetty or tomcat j2ee assemblies, either
configuration can be started without needing to change the assembly.  I
have successfully started both modules simultaneously without error, but
I suspect this is not really a reliable configuration.

NOTE 1:  The openejb dependency version on this is the 2.2.1-SNAPSHOT
mentioned above.
NOTE 2:  I plan on looking into renaming the *-corba configs to
*-corba-yoko and using David Jencks new module aliasing to select which
one gets started.
NOTE 3:  Currently, the *-corba and *-corba-sun configs are using
different port numbers for the ORBs that are getting launched.  This is
just temporary to allow both to be started without conflict.  These will
be mapped back to the same port numbers.

Rick