Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by sreekar <tr...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/08 16:26:30 UTC

Why Message_id is disabled in ActiveMQ-CMS ?

Hi Team,

Currently i believe the way to use the message_id is :
call *setCMSMessageID (std::string& message_id)* while sending the message
and
call *getCMSMessageID ()* to retrieve the *message_id* value from the
message.

I cannot use the message_id in the above manner.

Are there any more (direct ways....i.e not through the properties) to do
this ?

Found the following in the Active MQ CMS code:
---------------------
        virtual std::string getCMSMessageID() const {
            try{
                return
wireformat::openwire::marshal::BaseDataStreamMarshaller::toString(
this->getMessageId().get() );
            }
            AMQ_CATCH_ALL_THROW_CMSEXCEPTION()
        }

        virtual void setCMSMessageID( const std::string& id AMQCPP_UNUSED )
{}
---------------------

Can anyone explain the reason why *setCMSMessageID* is not setting the
user-specified value ?
Is there any specific reason to omit it (the defnintion) ?

Thanks & Best Regards,
Sreekar

Re: Why Message_id is disabled in ActiveMQ-CMS ?

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, 2012-04-08 at 07:26 -0700, sreekar wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> Currently i believe the way to use the message_id is :
> call *setCMSMessageID (std::string& message_id)* while sending the message
> and
> call *getCMSMessageID ()* to retrieve the *message_id* value from the
> message.

Message ID in JMS is set by the MessageProducer, the end user should not
expect to be able to set this value and have it be preserved.

> I cannot use the message_id in the above manner.
>
> Are there any more (direct ways....i.e not through the properties) to do
> this ?
>
> Found the following in the Active MQ CMS code:
> ---------------------
>         virtual std::string getCMSMessageID() const {
>             try{
>                 return
> wireformat::openwire::marshal::BaseDataStreamMarshaller::toString(
> this->getMessageId().get() );
>             }
>             AMQ_CATCH_ALL_THROW_CMSEXCEPTION()
>         }
>
>         virtual void setCMSMessageID( const std::string& id AMQCPP_UNUSED )
> {}
> ---------------------
>
> Can anyone explain the reason why *setCMSMessageID* is not setting the
> user-specified value ?
> Is there any specific reason to omit it (the defnintion) ?
>
> Thanks & Best Regards,
> Sreekar

Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | FuseSource Corp