Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Rene Saenz <ne...@yahoo.com> on 2000/10/31 19:25:50 UTC

Hi

Hi, I'm new at this.

I have installed java 1.2.2 and have set the env
variables: CLASSPATH,JAVA_HOME and TOMCAT_HOME
When I try to run tomcat as a stand alone, it gives
the following error message

java.net.BindException:address already in use.

I do not know what is going on. Could somebody please
help!!!

I have jakarta-tomcat 3.1

My purpose is to run servlets and JSPs

Thanks in advance

Rene

http://im.yahoo.com/

Re: Hi

Posted by Remus Pereni <re...@nolimits.ro>.
Rene Saenz wrote:

> Hi, I'm new at this.
>
> I have installed java 1.2.2 and have set the env
> variables: CLASSPATH,JAVA_HOME and TOMCAT_HOME
> When I try to run tomcat as a stand alone, it gives
> the following error message
>
> java.net.BindException:address already in use.
>
> I do not know what is going on. Could somebody please
> help!!!

This could mean either that Tomcat somehow remained in the memory and
keeps the port busy, or you already have something running on that port
(8080 default).

Also it could be because you don't have TCP/IP configured.

> I have jakarta-tomcat 3.1
>
> My purpose is to run servlets and JSPs
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Rene