Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Nick Chalko <ni...@chalko.com> on 2004/05/10 21:16:57 UTC

Re: Trouble connecting to brutus

Sam, et al.
Can you take a look at brutus

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> Brutus is up again.  Sam and I found the problem.  It simply wasn't
> the network driver, so there was no network connectivity.  Thom fixed it.
> We're not sure why, but it *appears* that the debian discover wasn't
finding
> and loading the network driver.

Thanks guys.

Most likely the reboot, but the cron problem I had seems to have gone away
[with no intervention from me]. :-)

I wonder if some of the memory abuse Python Gump/Forrest have been dishing
out is responsible for some of the uglies (with this, cron going belly up,
httpd going belly up.) Nick is going to look at installing Forrest as a
webapp on tomcat here, so we'll vastly reduce the pain being inflicted on
the machine. Hopefully it'll start stabilizing w/o any changes.

regards,

Adam

RE: Trouble connecting to brutus