Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com> on 2021/07/09 11:55:36 UTC

[Rust] Preparing for the 5.0.0 release and the 5.x release line

I plan to create a 5.0.0 arrow-rs release candidate (from master) early
next week,. The 5.0 release will include breaking API changes

Here is the list of issues I think are blockers:
* https://github.com/apache/arrow-rs/issues/529
* https://github.com/apache/arrow-rs/issues/463 (improved documentation)

Please let me know if there are any additional issues you think should be
included.

After the 5.0.0 release,  we'll begin releasing 5.x every other week as
normal

Andrew

Re: [Rust] Preparing for the 5.0.0 release and the 5.x release line

Posted by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com>.
I currently plan to create the 5.0.0 Rust release candidate on Wednesday --
if anyone is interested here are the release notes [1] and readme cleanup
[2] that I plan to merge prior to creating the release candidate.

Now would also be an excellent time to respond to this thread if there is
something you want/need in the 5.0 release.

[1] https://github.com/apache/arrow-rs/pull/535
[2] https://github.com/apache/arrow-rs/pull/536

Posted by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com>.