Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by 车 东 <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2003/03/18 07:23:06 UTC

Re: PLAN: WebLucene -- Lucene Web interface, use XML as a lightweight protocol.

Hi Otis:
It was delay for some personal reasons. But from recently feed back, I can
feel the HTTP/GET/XML based protocol is still a simple and lightweight
solution for traditional db based applications' full text search
accelerate. and I think a standard lucene indexing source and search result
banding is needed in the furture.

I'll try to release a demo by the end of this month.(SAXIndexer + XML
output)

Regards

Che, Dong