Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Daniel Florey <df...@c1-fse.de> on 2004/08/05 15:53:04 UTC

Added persistent subscriptions

Hi,
I've just added support for persistent subscriptions. It can be
activated by adding the tag <persistent-subscrptions ...> to the
configuration of the NotifiactionTrigger.
I've added a default configuration to the Domain.xml:

<listener classname="org.apache.slide.webdav.event.NotificationTrigger">
   <configuration>
      <notification include-events="false" />
      <persist-subscriptions filename="subscriptions.xml" />
   </configuration>
</listener>

This means that the subscrptions are stored in a file called
"subscriptions.xml" in the {$tomcat}/bin dir.
As this was just a quick hack could someone please test it?

James, what about the Slide clustering? Do you need some assistance? I'd
prefer to build it on top of WebDAV-notifications. Now that
subscriptions are persistent this shold be no prob.

Cheers,
Daniel

Posted by James Mason <ma...@apache.org>.
Excellent! Thank you Daniel. I'll play around with this tonight.

-James