Posted to dev@cmda.apache.org by "Pan, Lei (398K)" <le...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2016/03/20 22:20:17 UTC

Re: github repository issue

Hi Qiao,

Wow! That’s a lot of files to remove. But I finally
got it done, and the repository is now clean.

Thanks,
-Lei

From: Qihao Bao <qi...@cmu.edu>>
Date: Sunday, March 20, 2016 at 10:58 AM
To: JPL <le...@jpl.nasa.gov>>
Cc: "dev@cmda.incubator.apache.org<ma...@cmda.incubator.apache.org>" <de...@cmda.incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: Re:

Hi Lei,

Since .class files are not necessary, i have removed .class files from several folders and i modified git ignore files to make sure changes on those .class files would be ignored and never pushed to github repository.

Now you have such issues because you have these .class files on your local side and you have to remove them manually.

i suggest you removing files in those folders:

climate-service-backend/project/target/

climate-service-backend/project/project/

climate-service-backend/target/

climate-service/project/

climate-service/project/target/

climate-service/project/project/

climate-service/target/

climate-service-backend/logs/

climate-service-backend/picture/

climate-service-backend/output/

Many thanks.

Best,
Qihao

Hi Qihao:

I tried to git pull from inside our Docker container
so I can get the latest version and continue editing
some html files, but I got the following error. If you recall,
in our last meeting, I asked you whether or not the *.class
files are put into revision control. This error seems
to indicate that they are.

Could you please take a look at this issue and see
if you need to remove a few files from the repository?
Or let me know how I can walk around this error?

Thanks,
-Lei

-------------------------------
svc@0e846b47d4e8:~/JPL-WebService$ git pull
Username for 'https://github.com': leipan@jpl.nasa.gov<ma...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Password for 'https://leipan@jpl.nasa.gov@github.com<http://github.com>':
remote: Counting objects: 529, done.
remote: Total 529 (delta 166), reused 146 (delta 146), pack-reused 343
Receiving objects: 100% (529/529), 4.64 MiB | 3.87 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (342/342), completed with 64 local objects.
>From https://github.com/cmusv-sc/JPL-WebService
   90cb3a2..cdcb6db  master     -> origin/master
 * [new branch]      CMDA-Integration -> origin/CMDA-Integration
   223bce7..0382ba5  CMU-Backend -> origin/CMU-Backend
   0081248..bdb8368  CMU-Frontend -> origin/CMU-Frontend
Updating 90cb3a2..cdcb6db
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
    climate-service/target/scala-2.11/classes/controllers/routes$javascript.class
    climate-service/target/scala-2.11/classes/controllers/routes$ref.class
    climate-service/target/scala-2.11/classes/controllers/routes.class
Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
Aborting
svc@0e846b47d4e8:~/JPL-WebService$