Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Juan Ignacio Garzón <ju...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/02 15:21:05 UTC

[Eclipse] How to exclude "provided" maven dependencies when publishing to server

Hi, I'm using m2eclipse 0.0.10, Eclipse 3.3.0, Maven 2.0.7.

I have added some maven dependencies using a "provided" scope:

<dependency>
	<groupId>pae</groupId>
	<artifactId>library</artifactId>
	<version>1.0</version>
	<scope>provided</scope>         <--- this line
</dependency>

But,the problem is, that when I publish my site using eclipse, that
dependency get's deployed, because all the jars inside "Maven2
Dependencies module" are deployed, and I couldnt find a way to filter
some of them.

Thanks!

Re: [Eclipse] How to exclude "provided" maven dependencies when publishing to server

Posted by Jim Sellers <ji...@gmail.com>.
That sounds very similar to last comment on the ticket that I linked to.

1) the eclipse plugin puts all dependencies onto the .classpath file
(because it doesn't understand scope for normal jars).
2) The eclipse tool copied all jars into your web container (jboss, tomcat,
...)

but maybe I'm just not understanding correctly...

If that is the problem, you can either apply the patch that's in the ticket
to your own version of eclipse or another solution that I have seen is that
you set up a profile in your pom file that's "always active" and put your
"provided" dependencies in that.  I have not tried that second solution
myself though.

HTH
Jim

Posted by Juan Ignacio Garzón <ju...@gmail.com>.