Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Caleb Call <cc...@overstock.com> on 2013/02/11 23:17:50 UTC

Xenserver Host unable to reconnect

We have a zone that has a single host in it.  We also recently updated to 4.0 from 3.0.2 (this may not be relevant but figured I'd mention it anyways).  We put our host in maintenance mode (all VMs were shutdown, etc) and applied some patches that were waiting to be applied.  After coming back up, it now is unable to reconnect, when I try to force reconnect, I get the following in the management log:

2013-02-11 15:04:34,541 DEBUG [ehcache.store.MemoryStore] (catalina-exec-19:null) UserDaoCache: UserDaoMemoryStore hit for 10
2013-02-11 15:04:34,578 DEBUG [cloud.async.AsyncJobManagerImpl] (catalina-exec-19:null) submit async job-4806, details: AsyncJobVO {id:4806, userId: 10, accountId: 7, sessionKey: null, instanceType: Host, instanceId: 25, cmd: com.cloud.api.commands.ReconnectHostCmd, cmdOriginator: null, cmdInfo: {"id":"6bc87ba4-52d4-4477-a417-46886d03698d","response":"json","sessionkey":"6IzB5H0fVA9f9FgdWtbNG9GdB5E\u003d","ctxUserId":"10","_":"1360620274351","ctxAccountId":"7","ctxStartEventId":"15461"}, cmdVersion: 0, callbackType: 0, callbackAddress: null, status: 0, processStatus: 0, resultCode: 0, result: null, initMsid: 145320940120008, completeMsid: null, lastUpdated: null, lastPolled: null, created: null}
2013-02-11 15:04:34,579 DEBUG [cloud.async.AsyncJobManagerImpl] (Job-Executor-3:job-4806) Executing com.cloud.api.commands.ReconnectHostCmd for job-4806
2013-02-11 15:04:34,587 INFO  [agent.manager.AgentManagerImpl] (Job-Executor-3:job-4806) Unable to disconnect host because it is not connected to this server: 25
2013-02-11 15:04:34,587 WARN  [api.commands.ReconnectHostCmd] (Job-Executor-3:job-4806) Exception:
com.cloud.api.ServerApiException
        at com.cloud.api.commands.ReconnectHostCmd.execute(ReconnectHostCmd.java:108)
        at com.cloud.api.ApiDispatcher.dispatch(ApiDispatcher.java:138)
        at com.cloud.async.AsyncJobManagerImpl$1.run(AsyncJobManagerImpl.java:432)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
2013-02-11 15:04:34,587 WARN  [cloud.api.ApiDispatcher] (Job-Executor-3:job-4806) class com.cloud.api.ServerApiException : null
2013-02-11 15:04:34,588 DEBUG [cloud.async.AsyncJobManagerImpl] (Job-Executor-3:job-4806) Complete async job-4806, jobStatus: 2, resultCode: 530, result: Error Code: 534 Error text: null
2013-02-11 15:04:39,624 DEBUG [ehcache.store.MemoryStore] (catalina-exec-17:null) UserDaoCache: UserDaoMemoryStore hit for 10
2013-02-11 15:04:39,635 DEBUG [cloud.async.AsyncJobManagerImpl] (catalina-exec-17:null) Async job-4806 completed

I can't find in the logs where it's trying (besides the force reconnect) to reconnect on it's own.  I do see where it acknowledges the state of Alert for the host, but doesn't give any reasoning as to why.

The only thing I can see any indication it's even trying is this line:

2013-02-11 11:47:05,670 DEBUG [xen.resource.XenServerConnectionPool] (ClusteredAgentManager Timer:null) Failed to slave local login to 10.5.1.14
2013-02-11 11:47:05,671 WARN  [cloud.resource.DiscovererBase] (ClusteredAgentManager Timer:null) Unable to configure resource due to Can not create slave connection to 10.5.1.14

10.5.1.14 is the host that should be reconnecting but is not.

Anything else I can look at as to why it's not connecting?  Any suggestions on why my host won't reconnect?

Thanks

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is intended only for the use and review of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message solely to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify sender immediately by telephone or return email. Thank you.

Re: Xenserver Host unable to reconnect

Posted by Caleb Call <ca...@me.com>.
So, we're not sure what we did, but something happened and it allowed us to re-add it.  We tried adding another temporary host to this zone, but that failed, then we were able to re-add this host and it worked.

I also found something, not sure if this change was intentional or not, but it looks like since upgrading to 4.0, the CPU Mhz is respected more.  Our CPUs are 2.2Ghz CPUs, there's 32 of them, so it reports as 70400 Mhz as available.  Our Computer Offering was set to allocate 2700 Mhz per core, and 2 cores.  It seems that since each individual core is only 2200, it's less than the 2700 per core it was looking for, instead of just using it as a resource pool.  It would fail and say no suitable hosts as the CPUMHz was false.  Mind you these same computer offerings worked fine in 3.0.2.  I created new offerings with everything the same, but only 2000 Mhz and now our VMs are starting up no problem.

Posted by Caleb Call <ca...@me.com>.

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Devdeep Singh <de...@citrix.com>.