Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <We...@asu.edu> on 2003/03/25 01:35:36 UTC

reset method not being called for DynaValidatorForm

I have the age-old "how to un-check the checkbox" problem.  The only twist
is that this is a DynaValidatorForm.

I've tried putting various things into the 'reset' method of my Form, but
nothing works:
 public void reset( ActionMapping mapping, HttpServletRequest request )
   {
      log.debug( "ClearanceRequestForm.reset" );
      if ( request.getParameter( "returningFromResolution" ) == null ) {
         //         set( "plannedGiftFlag", Boolean.FALSE );
         //         getMap().put("plannedGiftFlag",Boolean.FALSE);
         initialize(mapping);
      }
   }

(I have to control whether the reset happens since I have a workflow that
involves going off to another form temporarily and then coming back to this
one.)

Looking in the log file, I never see that log message, so I think that reset
is not being called.

Ian Hunter, you were asking about this in mid-March, did you ever find a
solution?

I searched Bugzilla but did not find anything, but I may have done it wrong.

Isn't reset supposed to be called before the form is populated from the
values in the request?

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.