Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Benson Muite <be...@emailplus.org> on 2021/10/01 07:34:48 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Deprecate user@ in favor for github issues/discussions

Mail is archived at [1] and [2], which uses Pony mail [3][4].
Contributed to an issue to make this more search engine friendly[5].
Search is really helpful to find answers as a user before posting a
question.

Arrow is developing rapidly, at present with greater engagement between
developers building the project than with end users who are not
primarily developers. As a new contributor, really appreciate feedback
have received from developers. In future, one may expect more users, a
workflow to encourage users to also contribute would be helpful to have,
especially since many core developers may not be able to give feedback.

If GitHub issues/discussions is used, maybe the output can also be piped
into user@arrow.apache.org or some other archived mailing list in case
migration to some other platform is needed in future?

[1] https://lists.apache.org/list.html?user@arrow.apache.org
[2] https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@arrow.apache.org
[3] https://github.com/apache/incubator-ponymail
[4] https://ponymail.incubator.apache.org