Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org> on 2005/08/11 14:49:45 UTC

Statistics [was Re: AW: order of samples in results file]

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 12:10 +0200, Christian Baumgartner wrote:
> If your testplan has a sequential structure it will perform as you said.. If
> you for example make use of conditions to make a test more dynamical, it
> must'nt be the last thread the one with the latest timestamp.
>
> but another question fitting this topic hopefully:
> i want to make some statistics about the test results. As they are stored as
> some kind of xml-structure, that could'nt be much of an affair, or? is there
> already some tool out there that can parse the result files, maybe compare
> them, make some statistics and so on?

There is a tool - JMeter.  You can load results files into JMeters
Listeners anytime and view the calculations that that listener provides.
For instance, load a result file using the aggregate report and you see
the statistical calculations summarized by sampler name.  use the Graph
and you see the same calculations for every sample and graphed.  Spline
listener provides yet another view of the data.  And all listeners can
be exported to PNG format.

-Mike

Re: Statistics [was Re: AW: order of samples in results file]

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
there's a submission in CVS that can insert the results to a database
in bugzilla. you can look there.

after we get jmeter 2.1 out, I plan to take a look and add the code.

peter

Re: AW: Statistics [was Re: AW: order of samples in results file]

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Peter has started working on a report generating tool for JMeter - you
might want to talk to him about your requirements and maybe you can
assist him.

-Mike