Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Dian Fu <di...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/02 06:34:25 UTC

[VOTE] FLIP-88: PyFlink User-Defined Function Resource Management

Hi all,

I'd like to start the vote of FLIP-88 [1] since that we have reached an agreement on the design in the discussion thread [2].

This vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Unless there is an objection, I will try to close it by Dec 5, 2019 08:00 UTC if we have received sufficient votes.

Regards,
Dian

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-88%3A+PyFlink+User-Defined+Function+Resource+Management

Re: [VOTE] FLIP-88: PyFlink User-Defined Function Resource Management

Posted by Jark Wu <ja...@apache.org>.
Thanks for driving this Dian! The FLIP looks good to me.

+1 (binding)

Best,
Jark

Posted by Hequn Cheng <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by jincheng sun <su...@gmail.com>.
+1(binding)

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

--
Best, Jingsong Lee

Re: [VOTE] FLIP-88: PyFlink User-Defined Function Resource Management

Posted by Dian Fu <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jingsong,

It's fine. :)  Appreciated the comments!

I have replied you in the discussion thread as I also think it's better to discuss these in the discussion thread.

Thanks,
Dian

> 在 2019年12月2日,下午3:47,Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com> 写道:
>
> Sorry for bothering your voting.
> Let's discuss in discussion thread.
>
> Best,
> Jingsong Lee
>
> On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 3:32 PM Jingsong Lee <lz...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dian:
>>
>> Thanks for your driving. I have some questions:
>>
>> - Where should these configurations belong? You have mentioned
>> tableApi/SQL, so should in TableConfig?
>> - If just in table/sql, whether it should be called: table.python.****,
>> because in table, all config options are called table.***.
>> - What should table module do? So in CommonPythonCalc, we should read
>> options from table config, and set resources to OneInputTransformation?
>> - Are all buffer.memory off-heap memory? I took a look
>> to AbstractPythonScalarFunctionOperator, there is a forwardedInputQueue, is
>> this one a heap queue? So we need heap memory too?
>>
>> Hope to get your reply.
>>
>> Best,
>> Jingsong Lee
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 2:34 PM Dian Fu <di...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'd like to start the vote of FLIP-88 [1] since that we have reached an
>>> agreement on the design in the discussion thread [2].
>>>
>>> This vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Unless there is an
>>> objection, I will try to close it by Dec 5, 2019 08:00 UTC if we have
>>> received sufficient votes.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dian
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-88%3A+PyFlink+User-Defined+Function+Resource+Management
>>> [2]

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.

--
Best, Jingsong Lee

Re: [VOTE] FLIP-88: PyFlink User-Defined Function Resource Management

Posted by Jingsong Lee <lz...@apache.org>.
Hi Dian: