Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org> on 2013/02/07 19:08:09 UTC

htmlDescription instead of descriptionTemplate (was Re: MIgration to OSGi whiteboard for jax-rs)

As i Pointed out in my comment to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STANBOL-914 the descriptin-template
mechanism ties NavigationLink too closely to a specific implementation of
the start page.

I think the most straight forward approach would be to have a method
getHtmlDescription that returns a String with an html description. If we
want to support localization such support should be added to the label as
well. But this would clearly be out of scope for the current issue.

Cheers,
Reto

Re: htmlDescription instead of descriptionTemplate (was Re: MIgration to OSGi whiteboard for jax-rs)

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 7:08 PM, Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org> wrote:
> As i Pointed out in my comment to
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STANBOL-914 the descriptin-template
> mechanism ties NavigationLink too closely to a specific implementation of
> the start page.
>
> I think the most straight forward approach would be to have a method
> getHtmlDescription that returns a String with an html description. If we
> want to support localization such support should be added to the label as
> well. But this would clearly be out of scope for the current issue.

Fine for me. IMO localization is not something we should worry about, as the
Stanbol UI ist just a developer UI and not something intended to be used by
end users.

best
Rupert