Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/07 16:24:03 UTC

Build Parameters Documented (New JDK Versions)

Okay...I was trying to rebuild recent master and was reading the readme and
remembered that to compile on newer JDKs, the need for a compilation
parameter to be passed to the ant build.

In the past I've always had to dig through emails to remember what this
parameter was which allowed me to build,

However I was wondering if this could be added to the readme.md (maybe with
the "Notes" following the build ant context) to provide some additional
notes on more advanced build options.

"It is possible to compiled with new JDK versions, but this requires
inclusion of the ' -Dpermit.jdk9.builds=true' parameter to be added at
buikd time"

I was also curious if beyond this one parameter, if there might be other
similar parameters of interest that could be added (not familiar with all
of them but assume there ould be stuff like jdkhome type parameters, etc).

Does this sort of change require a jira issue to be raised?

Eric Bresie
ebresie@gmail.com

Re: Build Parameters Documented (New JDK Versions)

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.
Okay...I've cleaned up some of my issues in my fork and have recreated the
pull request for this minor README.md update to add the JDK parameter.

If anyone has any other build detail changes that may be worth adding or of
help, feel free to mentioned it and I can further add that as part of this
as applicable.

See https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/2019

This is my first commit/push/PR so hopefully I've got this right this time
and can move on to more significance things.

Eric Bresie
ebresie@gmail.com

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu>.
Hi Eric,